Seeking a new Trust Accountant
Location: Working remotely but with 4-6 meeting p.a. in Lonodn
Job Type: Part time (approximately 16 hours per month), consultancy basis
Closing date: 24 December 2017
Interviews: January 2018
About the role:
The Sandford St Martin (Church of England) Trust is seeking to recruit a competent and organised accountant at a time of change for the organisation. Working remotely, you will play a key role in managing the Trust’s finances and planning for the future.
As the Trust’s accountant you will be responsible for maintaining quarterly management accounts, accurate recording of all income and expenditure, drafting an annual budget and annual financial statements (in line with the Charity Commission SORP) and will report directly to the Executive Director and the Trustees.
Success in the role will call on your good understanding of accounting, formal training and experience of budget management, online payments, general ledger transaction processing, cash flow monitoring and bank reconciliation as well as your IT competence and good communication skills.
- Maintaining accounting records so that financial information is available for the Trustees and Executive Director throughout the year as required.
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly management accounts at four scheduled Trustees’ meetings.
- Preparation of the financial statements for independent examination (supported by the Trust’s Independent Examiner).
- Submission of the Charity Commission annual return, including the Trust’s Annual Report & Financial Statements.
- Preparation of the annual budget (in consultation with the Executive Director).
- Processing Trustee and Consultant expenses claims and other supplier invoices ensuring they are signed off and repaid monthly via e-banking.
- Accounting for, and assisting in the management of, project grants/restricted funding from a range of donors.
- Liaising with the Trust’s investment fund managers (Cazenove Capital Management) with relation to cash flow and projected investment income in conjunction with the Trustees and the Executive Director.
The role is offered on a part-time, consultancy basis with an invoice for the hours worked submitted monthly.
The successful applicant will work from their own premises, will provide their own equipment and financial software and any required administrative support. The Trust will reimburse any agreed out of pocket expenses.
The Sandford St Martin (Church of England) Trust is a registered charity (number 277370) and works to support and advocate for good religious and ethical broadcasting in the UK. The Annual Report & Financial Statements 2016 is available to view on the Charity Commission website.
How to apply:
Send your cv and a covering letter with details of your fees either by e-mail to: email@example.com
Or by post to
Sandford St Martin (Church of England) Trust
Room 202 Church House
Great Smith Street
The closing date for applications is: 24 December 2017.
If you require more information, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7898 1796.