TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Sandford St Martin Trust (SSMT) is an independent, non-political body promotes excellence in religious broadcasting. It runs an annual awards programme to recognise and promote excellent broadcasting in its areas of interest, and works with a wide range of people to achieve its aims.
COPYRIGHT AND COPYING
All the materials on this site are protected by copyright. We are happy for the materials on this site to be downloaded, printed out, copied and distributed for non-commercial purposes free of charge. No alteration or adaptation of any of the materials may be made without the written permission of SSMT.
Reproduction or distribution of materials on this web site for commercial purposes is prohibited without the written permission of:
The Sandford St Martin Trust, Room 202, Church House, Great Smith Street, London Sw1P 3AZ
The Trust has created a blog on its website together with the capacity for people to respond and express their views. The views expressed in both the blogs and any responses are, however, those of the writers and not necessarily those of SSMT. The Trust has also created a ‘links’ page to other sites and linked also to external material.
In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any loss or damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of this web site or its contents. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in these pages up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
Use of this web site shall be made subject only to the laws of England and Wales which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use.
The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with this web site and its use.
Comments on www.sandfordawards.org.uk are governed by the following set of standards that apply to all contributors and their posts.
We reserve the right to remove any material that does not (in our judgement) comply with these standards and to revoke posting privileges at our sole discretion and without warning or explanation. Our decisions are considered final.
By participating, you are agreeing to abide by these standards. Our goal is to provide a safe and enjoyable online community where contributors are encouraged to treat each other with respect.
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- Agree to disagree, respectfully: Be yourself, but please always act with respect for your fellow posters. Be respectful and civil to other posters, even if you disagree with them. The objective of this site is to debate the issues raised, not to attack others. Name-calling, insults, “flaming” and attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated.
- Don’t be afraid to post: Don’t be afraid to contribute to a discussion. Our goal is to hear all opinions within a respectful context.
- Keep your posts clean: Any unacceptable content (posts, member names, or subject lines containing profanity, sexually graphic or offensive language, etc.) will be deleted. Similarly, any posts that solicit or offer explicit or x-rated GIFs, JPEGs or other graphic or video files will be deleted without notice. Please keep in mind that this is a public forum.
- No personal information: Email addresses, phone numbers, instant message identities, etc, must not be posted. Posts that request members to submit personal information to another party will be removed unless these posts have been pre-approved by the SSMT Moderation Team. This includes, but is not limited to, communications that ask for personal information submitted via email, mail, telephone, surveys, and research studies.
- Flooding and spam: Please do not flood or spam, post chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail, or URLs for outside sites that violate any of these guidelines.
- Harassment and threats: We will not allow harassing, threatening, racist, abusive, hateful, violent, or obscene language or behaviour. Any prejudicial statements, comments or remarks in posts or profiles will be removed immediately. Retaliation against any person complaining of discrimination will not be tolerated.
- Illegal activities: Participation in, suggesting, or encouraging any illegal activity is cause for immediate deletion and suspension of posting privileges, and may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Be courteous: Avoid duplicate posts. Do not post the same message more than once. Duplicate messages can be frustrating for other members and will be deleted.
- Don’t post commercial items: This is an advertising-free site. No commercial solicitation or advertising will be allowed. Posts containing commercial or promotional messages – included but not limited to references to internet sites, URLs, or links to other commercial websites – will be removed.
- Don’t post others’ copyrighted information: Any articles, news reports, or other copyrighted material included in the posts must be with the permission of the relevant copyright owners. SSMT will not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible.
- Re-publishing your words: We may quote your message board posts in newsletters, and other promotions including, but not limited to, TV, magazines, newspapers, radio, Internet and product packaging. When re-publishing your quotes for wide distribution, we will identify you by your given screen name.
- Reporting problems: If you encounter a violation to these standards (or have other problems with our site) please contact us at email@example.com
- Reserve the right: SSMT reserves the right to remove a post which does not relate to the topic being discussed.
- Brand attack: While fair criticism is acceptable, posts that, in our judgement, constitute an unwarranted attack on SSMT and/or cause harm to our reputation will be removed.